- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 94 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 1, 2007
- Find out what made the Middle Ages so dark. This extraordinary feature-length documentary sheds new light on the least-understood and most formative period of European history.
- Includes extensive interviews with world-renowned Middle Ages experts.
- Stunning, Hollywood-caliber cinematography filmed on location.
- This sweeping epic chronicles six centuries of European history.
- Between the Fall of Rome and the dawn of the Renaissance, Europe plunged into a dark night of constant war, splintered sovereignties, marauding pagans, rabid crusaders and devastating plague. That anything of value arose from this chaotic muck - much less the Renaissance - is nothing short of miraculous.
- Through masterful cinematography and ground-breaking research, THE DARK AGES brings to life this amazing and mysterious time. Relive in striking detail critical turning points in the Early Middle Ages including the fall of Rome to the Visigoths, the horrors of Bubonic Plague, the rise of Charlemagne and the launching of the First Crusade.
- Travel to a remarkable era when everyday life was famously "nasty, brutish and short" but also when Britain and France were born and worldwide trade began. Discover the scattered sparks of culture and progress - and the perceptive men and women who tended them - that survived centuries of unrest.
- This formative age has always been, by definition, poorly understood, but now THE HISTORY CHANNEL® has collected all the latest scholarship and archaeological discoveries into a richly entertaining documentary that stands as the definitive examination of THE DARK AGES. more info