- Format: Box Set, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 2
- Run Time: 188 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: March 27, 2007
- THE HISTORY CHANNEL® continues this epic series with a sweeping examination of four violent pagan cultures that had nothing in common but an enemy: Rome.
- The barbarians and their foes come to life with stunning High Definition cinematography.
- Includes two full length bonus programs: "Modern Marvels: Axes, Knives and Swords" and "Weapons of the Barbarians."
- Animated maps enrich understanding of tribal migrations and great battles.
- At its peak, the Roman Empire feared nothing in Heaven or on Earth. Perhaps they should have paid closer attention to the pagan rabble.
- Coming in waves from the dark forests of Europe, the hordes drove the mighty empire to its knees. Relentless, unmerciful and united only in their hatred for Rome, each of these warrior tribes - Vandals, Saxons, Franks and Lombards - had its own violent agenda, dark rites, savage tactics, and secret weapons.
- The second collection from this acclaimed series from THE HISTORY CHANNEL® follows these four fearsome tribes as they cut a swath of destruction through the heart of the Roman world. BARBARIANS II recreates the world of these invaders through breathtaking stunts, large-scale battle reenactments, and a fast-paced, exciting narrative.
- Horde guide for BARBARIANS II: THE VANDALS: Ranging far from their roots in Germany, these power-hungry pagans swept through Spain, then across North Africa, and eventually to the gates of Rome itself.
- THE SAXONS: Watch this Germanic horde ravage the British coast, destroy Roman defenses and plunder monasteries in an orgy of pagan worship, then turn to confront their barbarian brothers in a bloody battle for power and land.
- THE FRANKS: Witness the birth of a barbarian empire as the Franks, led by Merovich - the legendary warrior said to be half-man, half-monster - descend upon Gaul, cutting a swath of devastation and conquering both the Roman and Visigoth armies.
- THE LOMBARDS: The ferocious tribe partial to severing their foes' heads and stealing their women. Their brutal leader, Alboin, overcame Roman defenses, surrounded The Eternal City, and forced a captured foe's wife to drink from her slain father's skull. more info