- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 91 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: October 3, 2006
- Cross modern India, Pakistan and Bangladesh on the trail of the dynasty that dominated South Asia for three centuries.
- Scholars reflect on the Mughals' towering legacy.
- Visit important sites like the Taj Mahal.
- An in-depth look at the nomadic rulers who transformed South Asia.
- They paired military prowess and rapacity with a discerning eye for beauty and appreciation of culture. In three centuries, the nomadic Mughals created a vast empire that dominated South Asia, covering most of modern India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- WARRIOR EMPIRE rides with the Mughal forces, showing how they revolutionized warfare with such innovations as composite bows, matchlock guns, rocketry, chain mail, and cannons. Masters of intimidation, they deployed war elephants to demoralize their opponents, while skilled archers on horseback formed the core of devastating strike forces. But the Mughals also built some of the most enduring architecture in South Asia, including palaces, forts, water systems, gardens, and the Taj Mahal--a tomb that took 22 years to construct. Join us for a sweeping history of the military ambition, innovative weapons and strategies, material excess, architectural wonders, and cultural flowering that shaped modern India. more info